Improving the vase-life
Of course, you want to enjoy our beautiful gerberas as long as possible. Here are some tips that will help you improve the vase-life of gerberas.
- Always use a clean vase; bacteria are the most common cause of decay. And just a reminder; the dishwasher is the best to clean your vase!
- Cut off a few centimetres from the stems before you put the flowers in the vase. That way the flowers can easily take up water.
- Use one or two drops of chlorine to keep the numbers of bacteria low.
- Refresh the water every 3 to 4 days.
- Put the vase in the right place. Not in direct sunlight, especially in summer. Also, never put your cut flowers next to fruit, e.g. apples or bananas. Many fruit varieties produce ethylene, which accelerates the ageing of flowers.
We hope you will enjoy your colourful gerberas!